From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DeploymentException: Bad implementation version format
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 21:14:48 GMT
Hi,

My guess is that the component has a malformed manifest. Open up the jar and
look at the manifest and then check the "Implementation-Version:" attribute.
It should be a dot separated number (ie 1.2.3.4.5) with no spaces, dashes or
characters in it. The spec that defines this is described in the
guide/extensions/versioning.html document included in JDK1.3+

So get the httpclient peeps to fix this up and all should be good.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald