From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject documentation updated; help needed
Date Sun, 12 May 2002 20:16:30 GMT
All,

I've just updated the phoenix documentation like I did for the framework
earlier. I found we have quite a few blind spots that need filling. It
would be nice if y'all could help out with especially

- The Administrator's guide (guide-administrator*.xml) (which really is
  non-existent)
- The Deployer's guide (guide-deployers*.xml) (which is also
  non-existent)
- The features document (features.xml) (which is brand-new and
  incomplete)
- The TODO list (for-developers-todo.xml) (which is severely outdated)
- The architecural overview (guide-architecture.xml) (it would be nice
  to have a program flow description and some more detailed
  organisational graphs)

Complaints about the difficulty of doing so will not be listened to as
the process merely consists of getting jakarta-avalon-phoenix from CVS,
editing the xml files in src/xdocs, testing them by typing

ant docs -buildfile docs.xml

in the root of that module, looking at the generated docs in build/docs
to check they are ok, then committing the changes to src/xdocs, and
copying changed files in build/docs over to
jakarta-avalon-site/docs/phoenix and committing those changed files.
(smiling :P)

BTW, changes will be visible on the site in about 6 hours.

- Leo