From "Andrei Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject permissions question (environment.xml)
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 12:28:49 GMT
Hi,
Two questions about permissions settings in environment.xml for a phoenix
application:
A. There are two types of permissions setings can be found in examples:
1.
      <grant code-base="file:${app.home}${/}SAR-INF${/}*">
        <permission class="java.security.AllPermission"/>
      </grant>

2
     <grant code-base="sar:SAR-INF/*">
        <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
     </grant>

which one is correct?

2. If I have to let my application read files in any directory under
"app.home" (not inside SAR-INF but one level up) what is the correct way to
set this permission. I've tried to set it the following way (found in
reference-environment-specification.xml):

     <grant code-base="file:${app.home}${/}*">
        <permission class="java.io.FilePermission"
                    target="${/}*"
                    action="read,write" />
     </grant>

This resulted in "Failed to create permission java.io.FilePermission" upon
Phoenix startup. What is the correct way to set permission for my app to
access (read, write) files inside app.home?

Andrei