From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Deploying "unconfigured" & mgmt console
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:28:50 GMT
On Friday 26 April 2002 02:51 am, Leo Simons wrote:
> Peter, a massive +1 here. This is definately what we all want to see; it
> is all a question of having time to code it.

kewl. since my employer needs it, that should take care of the time issue :)

> As we all really would like to go beta with phoenix, if what you want to
> do requires many changes in the phoenix interfaces (everything client
> apps/blocks see), there is a time constraint (undetermined as of yet...I
> think Paul's our Release Manager ;) in that corner to think about...

What I'm envisioning should be transparent to apps/blocks. The only change
for them would be that we could support the Reconfigurable interface and
enable reconfiguration w/o a restart of the app. I just went and re-read over
the TODO list, my ideas cover quite a few of the items on the list.

Otherwise all the changes would be farther down in the app loading process.

But I do agree about the moving towards beta. Perhaps we can start moving
towards a 4.0 release and mark these changes for a 4.1? We've been using the
current CVS build for 6 months with nary a problem.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org