From "Leo Simons" <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Making Phoenix more configurable
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:07:07 GMT
> > > modules not mentioned there still use the old
> "Default"-implementations.
> > > If the modules implement "Configurable" they get a "Configuration".
> >
> > Sounds good to me. I was actually thinking of having all the
> > modules loaded
> > from XML rather than just a few but either way is good.

+1. Lets start with a few and move from there

> > I would read the config from CLIMain however if we were to overwrite the
> > embeddor - I think I would prefer to do it from a commandline
> > entry. That way the format of the xml config file is completely
> up to the
> > embeddor to use and does not need to be known about in two
> places (ie the
> > CLIMain and the embeddor)
>
> Is there a convenient place that this can be handled "behind"
> CLIMain. What
> I have in mind in the potential to fire-up Phoenix as an Ant task in which
> case an Ant wrapper needs to pass the configuration File argument.  It
> would make sense that both CLIMain and an Ant task are invoking a
> behind the scenes loader.

hi all (back again),

methinks its best to have the embeddor use a utility
class to load the configuration and configure itself.
So you read the config file from CLIMain, pass it to the
EmbeddorConfigurator (or whatever), create the
embeddor (based on CL args), pass it to the configurator,
there you go.
(why: Embeddor should be able to be "embedded" itself as
well. That means it should do any self-configuring)

- LSD