From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Statusable
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:50:29 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:26, Steve Short wrote:
> I'm not sure where JMX fits in to the Phoenix picture, but isn't this where
> JMX notification model would come in useful?  You can define a notification
> type 'status' (or 'org.apache.jmx.notification.status ?) and then register
> listeners appropriate to your needs, including a listener that simply calls
> a Logger.

Thats what I would like to see. But as has been noted it is not a desire to
directly couple to JMX so one solution to the problem would be to add methods

void emitNotification( String message );
void emitNotification( String message, Object userData );

into BlockContext. Then if the kernel has a JMX-enabled manager it would
translate these into the appropriate Notification objects.

--
Cheers,

Pete