From "Emperor" <DarkEmpe...@gmx.net>
Subject AW: Statusable
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:35:14 GMT

What about (de)registerStatusListener?

interface StatusListener {
  void handleStatusChange(String status);
}

> At startup, the blocks launched could, if they wanted, keep
> the system
> advised on their status.  After Phoenix has invoked the last
> lifecycle
> method during a startup it may choose to dump a table of
> statii to the
> console.

What about implementing that as a BufferingStatusListener where you can
retrieve for a representation of all status messages?

I think you should'nt log directly to the console but using a logkit
instance (so you can use other targets and formats).

> Thus we have a standard output for each block.

LogStatusListener/ConsoleStatusListener ;)

> We also, in some future management console, have a
> refreshable table for
> blocks.

I see some altprofile collaboration possibilities. Would'nt it be great
to have status, statistic and profiler output in one GUI?

>  The idea is that this info supplements the concrete
> "started" &
> "initialized" types, with stuff like "listening on port 1234, 321
> transactions performed"

I would say  "listening on port 1234" sounds like real status, but "321
transactions performed" sounds like a statistic and could perhaps be
implemented using profiler points?