From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Phoenix and jdbc/custom log targets/log(gable|enabled)
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:07:01 GMT
Few items (upgrading to the CVS phoenix after not tracking it for a few
months :)

1) I am using the data source block from cornerstone but it does not work
unless I put my JDBC driver in phoenix's lib directory. If I put the jdbc jar
only in my SAR, the driver is loaded (Class.forName succeeds), but the pool
is unable to find the driver / create connections

2) I use custom log targets and formatters, I have to put the JAR with those
in phoenix's lib directory also.

3) I see that AbstractBlock is now LogEnabled. I have a block that has its
own private ECM, which is not LogEnabled. Is the best solution ATM to make my
block Loggable until ECM (or its successor) its LogEnabled?

4) I get some exceptions on shutdown (running via run.sh from a shell prompt)

WARN     12:05.43:380 [thread-m] (default Worker #0) LogKitLogger        :
Pool interrupted while waiting for lock.
java.lang.InterruptedException
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.concurrent.Semaphore.acquire(Semaphore.java:30)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.DefaultPool.put(DefaultPool.java:173)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:113)

and

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.emptyKernel(DefaultEmbeddor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.execute(DefaultEmbeddor.java:210)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:127)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:85)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:88)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:44)

otherwise still lookin' good :)
-pete