From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: todo before release
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:22:55 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:41, Leo Simons wrote:
> hi gang,
>
> Am I correct in the assumption that the todo list
> before a release looks like:
>
> 1) testing
> 2) management

largely and also

 3) remove all accumulated and deprecated cruft

> on the management...
>
> in my opinion of client can be released separately
> of the server (ie later on). People wanting GUI
> management can be offered the sun JMX RI for now.

Right. The problem is that until we have JMX-ized the core we can't really
tell what it will end up looking like. I have had to change bits several
times to fit in with MBean style thinking.

> The components that should exposed through an
> MBeanServer are:
>
> - all hosted Applications

done - mostly.

> - the Deployer

not done.

> - the Embeddor

done.

> - the LogManager

not done.

> Also, I suggest security behaviour for now is to
> only allow localhost to access by default, and
> offer a simple password authentication as an
> option.
>
> agreed?

works for me.

--