From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix and jdbc/custom log targets/log(gable|enabled)
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:53:25 GMT
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:07, Peter Royal wrote:
> 1) I am using the data source block from cornerstone but it does not work
> unless I put my JDBC driver in phoenix's lib directory. If I put the jdbc
> jar only in my SAR, the driver is loaded (Class.forName succeeds), but the
> pool is unable to find the driver / create connections

okay - that means the pool is using Class.forName() (or similar) which fails
as that is in parent ClassLoader to driver. The pool should probably be using
context classloader

> 2) I use custom log targets and formatters, I have to put the JAR with
> those in phoenix's lib directory also.

yep. For the moment ;)

Could you log this as a feature request on Bugzilla so we remember to fix it
:)

> 3) I see that AbstractBlock is now LogEnabled. I have a block that has its
> own private ECM, which is not LogEnabled. Is the best solution ATM to make
> my block Loggable until ECM (or its successor) its LogEnabled?

Just implement Loggable for the time being.

> 4) I get some exceptions on shutdown (running via run.sh from a shell
> prompt)

oops - fixed.

I really need to write some unit tests so can avoid these sorts of errors ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete