From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Server Resource Pooling
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:24:35 GMT
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 01:11, Jean Louis Seguineau wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Extend my thanks to the whole team for putting up such a great framework!

thanks!

> I was wondering if anybody has already started thinking/working on a way to
> have several applications(servers) in Phoenix share Blocks(services) that
> would be considered "core" services and that would only be instantiated
> once for the whole framework. Starting with this feature on a single
> instance of Phoenix would do :)

We have talked about doing this a few times and a few different ways however
as yet none of the mechanisms are in place. So the only way you can do this
currently is merge all the different applications into one .sar file.

Almost all the infrastructure is currently in place for such a move - however
we have to decide on how we would describe inter-application dependencies -
any ideas?

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer