avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Move along people, move along...
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:44:49 GMT
Dear mailing list subscribers,

Please pay no attention to the troll. We are aware of his presence and
he poses no threat as long as he is ignored. Do take care not to feed him!

Since this mailing list doesn't have the regular footer message, you
might appreciate the availability of these commands:

   For additional commands, e-mail:  dev-help@avalon.apache.org

If you are not accustomed to setting up troll prevention, you might
appreciate this .procmailrc snippet (for use with the procmail mail
handling program) that makes it even easier to ignore this troll while
still staying subscribed to this mailing list:

   :0:
   * ^From:.*mcconnell@(dpml|apache)
   * ^list-post:.*dev@avalon\.apache\.org
   Trash

Similar rules are easy to set up in most modern mail readers, including
Mozilla, Eudora and Microsoft Outlook. If you require assistance in
doing so, please don't hesistate to call us on 555-NO-PESTS and we will
walk you through the procedure.

The week after the US election is usually quite a busy period for us, so
there may be some waiting time involved in getting through to us. We
apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you a bugfree day!

best regards,

The Pest Control Team

PS: we are deeply sorry if you find the above message even remotely
humorous. This is a serious business, and The Pest Control Team takes
its job very seriously.