avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Sutic <leo.su...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Stephen McConnell as a committer
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:06:30 GMT
-1

Motivation will follow, but it will be a while before I got everything
typed up as neatly as I want.

But basically:

The Board doesn't want Stephen on *any* PMC. They're no convinced that
Metro / Merlin brings something to the ASF that the ASF wants to have.
I can't help but thinking that we've reached the end of the road here
in the ASF.

Solution: move Merlin / Metro out of the ASF. Frankly, I don't see why
this hasn't been done yet. You can keep the license, there are many
sites which will give you the infrastructure (CVS / SVN / mailing
lists) that you need, and you can operate completely unhindered, as
you want. Why stay in the ASF?

/LS