avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Stephen McConnell as a committer
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:44:12 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 24 September 2004 03:28, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>

>>Cast your vote on Stephen McConnell as committer.
>

> +1, obviously.

-1

Stephen relinquished committership voluntarily, and until he expresses
a desire to be reintegrated into the group, we should not make him feel
as if his hand is forced in the matter.

We still need to see an Avalon *working* without Stephen doing a bunch
of free work for everyone.  The bottom line is that no matter how the
project is structured, if Avalon's fate is tied to one man--ANY one
man (be that you, me, Stephen, etc.)--then Avalon is essentially dead.
Once that person is gone, the project is catatonic.

I would really like to see the current crop of Avalon committers step
up to the plate collectively.  There has been a lot of silence lately,
and partly because of waiting to hear about the Metro resolution.

That's over, and its time to move forward.

                 - Rich Cook