avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Compromise: Code Transfer
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:04:49 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:
> Merlin is a path that diverges from the path chosen by
> those of us in the "old guard" - the bunch of people
> dependent on Cocoon and other pre-Merlin architectures.

> You want to evolve Merlin into Avalon Planet. I want a stable
> Framework 4.x.

>  + Framework 4.x moves to excalibur.apache.org. No package
>    renames or class renames.

>  + You bump Framework to 5.0.

According to Niclas, there are no anticipated changes to Framework.  But if
we need to do so, we can easily branch Framework.

What about other aspects of "Avalon Classic"?  Cornerstone, et al?  Who is
going to maintain those?  Exalibur or Avalon?  And are you suggesting that
Merlin stay in Avalon, rather than Metro?

	--- Noel