avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Studio changes...
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:25:41 GMT
On Thursday 23 September 2004 04:37, Andreas Oberhack wrote:

> > Correct. IMVSO, the entire Studio must be able to be created without
> > Eclipse
>
> this is already possible. Eclipse itself generates an ant task for
> building and testing.

Copied from the mentioned build.xml
<classpath>
    <pathelement
path="C:/Eclipse/3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources_3.0.0/resources.jar"/>

This is the kind of stuff that I am talking about, that you seem a bit
'unaware of'.
It builds on YOUR system only.

> I had a conversation with Steven this morning - and I proposed to
> synchronize the index.xml and projects dependencies. This is because you
> will change alot of dependencies / versions while developing a project
> in Eclipse. My idea is to enable the sync feature with every change in a
> project.

Can you elaborate? I am not following your intentions here.

Regarding relative paths;
No, Eclipse builds (and must build) absolute paths to the Jars, since they are
NOT within the workspace and project. No Jars are to be checked into the Svn
repository, hence the Jars are sitting in the local repository cache, and
should be updated by Magic when versioning is changed.

Please accept that Magic will be the build tool, and that we will take the
time to solve issues of getting Eclipse to understand that.

Cheers
Niclas

--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /