avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] AOP a la Merlin?
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:01:52 GMT
On Friday 17 September 2004 21:36, Peter Neubauer wrote:

> Just some random thoughts.
>
> Wdyt?

I think, therefor I am . . . in pain.

Seriously, no matter the technical merits, my main concern is that we should
avoid introducing a concept that is not tried and understood in detail. I.e.
I am nervous that this 'cool and bleeding-edge' concept has not been used
enough by the Merlin-gang to avoid the pitfalls and to harness the power.

At some point down the line when we have resolved outstanding issues about
Merlin core, we could branch it and do some experimentations.
Right now, _I_ like to focus on getting Merlin into the best possible shape
without introducing new advanced features in its core. What has been put on
the table is already more than we can chew at the moment.

Never the less, I will contact Rickard (since we know each other well) and
discuss it, and I'll try to get his attention to what we are trying to
achieve here.

Cheers
Niclas
--