avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Magic updates
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:23:00 GMT

Boys and gals,

We have been re-thinking the Magic strategy. The standard.xml doesn't declare
<x:home/> and that is done in the build.xml instead. By doing this, we don't
need any hardcoded properties passed from the build.properties to Magic.

Furthermore, it makes things more explicit and understandable, and would allow
us to do even more in the <x:home/> task in the future.
The recommended set up of the build.xml is now;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<project name="facilities" default="default" basedir="."
    xmlns:x="antlib:org.apache.avalon.tools">
  <property file="build.properties"/>
  <x:home />
  <import file="${magic.templates}/standard.xml"/>
</project>

for 'reactor' projects, replace standard.xml with reactor.xml

The entire Avalon codebase has been converted to this format, and the
central/system/standard.xml has been killed.
The new ${magic.home}/templates/standard.xml (and reactor.xml) doesn't contain
a <x:home/> declaration.

People who has set up Magic, will need to make some adjustments to stay
in-line with the development of Magic.

Cheers
Niclas
--