avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Patch: LoaderUtils.java#isSnapshot(File)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:41:17 GMT

Hi Dave!

Proper procedure for submitting patches is via a unified diff.  For
example on windows with svn installed you can do the following:

  $ svn diff LoaderUtils.java > LoaderUtils.txt

Then attach LoaderUtils.txt to a message to dev.  I'm not sure if svn
handles new files in a diff or not - I do know there are problems with
renamed files (but anyway - attaching complete new files is fine).

There is however a small problem with the patch - it's dependent on JDK
1.4 (the match operation on String is a recent addition and currently
the Avalon platform is 1.3 compliant).

Cheers, Steve.