avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Avalon Framework 4.5
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:08:24 GMT
Leo Simons wrote

<SNIP GOOD LIST OF OPTIONS/>

Ok, now I get your point and it is a very valid one!
I agree, that we first should remove all the old stuff
making things simpler and reducing the options.

But I still think that the lookup mechanism using a
Class is better (perhaps it's just me, ok, I can
use a lifecycle extension if noone else things it's
worth adding it to framework).

So, sooner or later we should add such mechanism if want
to have it to provide a smooth migration path. Of course
at the time you provide this new feature there will be
containers that don't support it. But they can if they
want in their next version. If Framework evolves the
containers have to evolve as well.

Carsten