avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Avalon Framework 4.5
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:08:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Any chance to also add the proposed lookup mechanism using a Class
> and a key instead of just a String as ServiceManager currently does?

Doesn't sound like a good idea to rehash the old discussions once again,
but I think all the old arguments (classloader worries, equals()
semantics, whatever, ...) still apply against that change. Also, this is
a more painful change than from ComponentManager->ServiceManager, which
was painful in retrospect. I would urge that documentation is
up-to-date, clear, complete and concise for specific framework versions
before going through that again.

Guys, I would really really really like to see a big fat black line
drawn between the "old" and the "new". Where big fat line includes
things like a major version change and a new package name, perhaps even
a name change alltogether. Maybe call it "hugehorn" or "AvalonFS" ;)

- LSD