avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Avalon Framework 4.5
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:56:39 GMT

In Phoenix there was a way to do this by doing something like:

ServiceManager.lookup("MyService[]");

Appending "[]" returned an ArrayList (if I remember correctly).  Appending
"{}" returned a Map.

In Fortress you could do something like this by using the ServiceSelector
method:

ServiceManager.lookup("MyServiceSelector");

In Merlin I believe the Finder Facility will allow these sorts of lookups.

Long story short, the capability is sorta available in the existing
containers but there wasn't a uniform way to do it.  Personally, I'd like to
see something standardized along these lines.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653