avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: more on gump
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:25:21 GMT

Actually the problem was related to magic.  Basically the build file
contains a filter declaration

    <x:filter feature="classpath" platform="windows"
       prefix="%MERLIN_HOME%/system"
       token="WINDOWS-CLI-CLASSPATH"/>

The above statement results in the creation of a MagicPath object
holding the full transitive dependencies for the project in question.
The default behavior of the path object is to resolve all entries in the
path against the repository.  In this case the path entry included the
merlin-cli jar file which does not exist yet.  I've just updated Magic
such that filter based acquisition of path objects defaults to
non-resolution of the jar files relative to the repository (because in
effect we only want the path as a string).

Changes should propagate though Gump before morning.

Cheers, Steve.