avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Technical Concerns over AF4.2
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:45:35 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

>> <issue>
>> Concerned has been raised that Avalon Framework has lost visibility on
>> the new web site.
>> </issue>
>>
>> Personally, I am willing to either place a "AF4.1" link under Central,
>> pointing to the old docs, or including Framework in the Products
>> column on the home page pointing to the relevant current section of
>> the component specification, i.e. LifeCycle specification and/or the
>> javadocs. PROVIDED, that all this hoo-haa settles down and instigation
>> stops from all sides (I'm glad I'm not on PMC anymore).
>
> I'm ok with putting a AF4.1 link under Central.  I'm not ok with
> Framework under Products.  I am also ok with updating existing docs with
> information that clearly associates versions with sementic descriptions.

Why not Products?  Until there is a unified Avalon Planet to advertise,
maintaining the Avalon Framework product is very important to all
interested parties.

I will repeat that I have no qualms with Avalon Planet, or
de-emphasizing framework.  I do have a problem with the way it is being
done.  This is why I have kept pressing for a clean break where the
Avalon team can say that the line has been drawn and this is where we
emphasize Avalon Planet.

The onus here is that the Avalon Planet would supercede Framework by
itself.  Until that is done, I believe it is critical that Framework
continues to be a visible product of Avalon.

                 - Rich Cook