avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Versions
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:28:10 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> A.K.A. a fork.
>
> OK so if A5 is important to Excalibur .. just do it.
> In the meantime there is a process here in Avalon that takes into
> consideration migration and my impression is that the core comitters
> don't want to leap off into A5 but would prefer to engage in a graceful
> evolution.

I think you misunderstand the whole point.

Excalibur is interested in A4 and interested in A4 not changing the
fundamental rules of what makes an Avalon component an Avalon component.

Hence the need for a clean break so that Avalon can continue to evolve
the way it has while we can rest in the fact that A4 is not going to
change unpredictably.  Hmm.  Technical enough?

                 - Rich Cook