avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] End the drama
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:02:02 GMT
peter royal wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
> > Avalon Framework is not legacy, Components are not legacy.
> Wait, which is it?
> Is A-F a Product or not? If it is no longer a Product, A-F as a Product
> is legacy.

Is that rhetorical?  If Frameworks and Components are not separate
packages, then how can we have anything except a single Avalon stack?  If
we want multiple stacks, which in context means multiple containers able
to use the underlying Frameworks, and Components compatible with that
container, then don't they need to be separate?

This gets back to my earlier point: either finding a way to have
collaboration on the shared parts of the stack, or forking here and now so
that we don't go through this nonsense every other week.

	--- Noel