avalon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <peter.ro...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] End the drama
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:37:56 GMT
On Jul 13, 2004, at 5:24 PM, Farr, Aaron wrote:
> So these would link to:
>
>   Merlin --> Merlin Runtime
>   Framework --> Overview page which then splits into versioned docs
>                 i.e.- 4.1, 4.2, 5.0, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, ...
>   Avalon 4 --> an overview of the legacy stuff
>                See: http://avalon.apache.org/central/legacy/index.html
>
> I hope this would be acceptable for the document solution.  If so,
> then all
> we have to do is come to an agreement on the versioning issue (4.2 vs
> 5 vs
> whatever).

How about having Framework linking to a page describing what happened
with it (incomplete wrt full component lifecycle, etc, etc), and
directing the user to either the "completed" framework ( as part of
Merlin ), or the Avalon 4 version?

That would mitigate the need to prematurely bump versions in my eyes.
-pete