avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: My personal view of Avalon
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:29:30 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> And IMO, Avalon is not [efficient and socio-economically viable].

Rather harsh statement, don't you think, considering people make money
from doing avalon-based development? You consider them an anomaly?

I think you would do everyone a pleasure if you could differentiate a
little between the "original vision" for avalon and what it actually
(regardless of "new vision"s). IOW replace all the current and future
tense in these messages with past tense and it sounds a lot less harsh.

Regardless, what conclusions do you draw from your "personal view of
Avalon"? Just abandon it all? That seems a bit incompatible with your
suggestion to incubate merlin earlier on. And highly inefficient from a
socio-economic viewpoint ;)

I'd finally like to point out that "efficient and socio-economically
viable" is basicaly a non-goal of the ASF. Gump, for example, is not
particularly good at doing "efficient and socio-economically viable"
things, but is a thriving project nonetheless :-D

cheers,

- LSD, not much of a visionary himself