avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Merlin TLP (was Re: Incubating Merlin [was Re: Possible Compromise on Site Design])
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:59:00 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>> Give us back the framework!
>>

>> Give us a separate TLP without the historical baggage.
>

> Your wishes are my command: I'd be delighted to help in the incubation
> of the Merlin project. If you wish, I also offer my services as
> sponsoring and mentoring member, where I would guarantee fair and
> indiscriminated review.

Stefano:

Thank you for the offer - but could you provide some more details.  I
think there are several questions that should be addressed - two
immediately come to mind:

   * Why incubation as opposed to a direct TLP?
     (after all there are no IP issues and the core
     developers are already great team)
   * What is left in Avalon is Merlin is taken out?
     (both in terms of technology and community)

Stephen.