avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Technical Concerns over AF4.2
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:55:21 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> In short, Framework would have to be forked over in Excalibur (we're
>>> still Apache so there is no need to change package names) and
>>> continue refurbishing the Framework product.  That would suck for
>>> both of us.
>>

>> Berin:
>>
>> Could you please refrain from this sort of dialog.
>>
>> If you are serious then just do it but please - these sort of comments
>> do not contribute anything positive or constructive.  Maybe you could
>> propose your idea to the Excalibur project, sort out and establish
>> consensus, do it, then notify Avalon when your done.  In the meantime
>> let's keep the discussion a little closer to reality.
>

> Stephen, this comment was only meant to bring out the realities of
> market driven economy.  I am trying to avoid that step, and will take it
> if there is no way to avoid it.

You have not raised this with the Excalibur project and yet your
suggesting it is a viable step.  Go back to Excalibur and get consensus
on the move and if you establish that, then you can come back here -
jump and and down with threats in hand and promote whatever you think
you can leverage from that.

Until that time it's just plain noise.

Stephen.