avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Versions
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:24:45 GMT
J Aaron Farr wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> Is there anything else that has really been brought to the table?
>

> Problem is a general clash of two mindsets:
>
> Case #1 (pre-merlin 3.3)
>
>     Avalon specification = Avalon Framework
>
> Case #2 (post-merlin 3.3)
>
>     Avalon specification = Framework + Meta + Composition + ...

Bugger Merlin - its about unification.  One platform, one specification
- but hey, we've been there, voted on that (two or threw times), done
deal. Isn't the issue here about that fact that the unified mindset is
real and tangible?  For sure it it.  Avalon pre-unification was a not
the full monty - Avalon post unification is moving forward and that's
going to disrupt people.  It's not going to disrupt end users - they are
winning big time - it disrupts groups that want to claim generic Avalon
brand compliance.  Guess what - Avalon brand compliance comes at a
price. It means implementing specifications - it means being ready to to
go to wire.

Stephen.