avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Versions
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:02:19 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:30:45 -0700, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>
>>Leo and others are always advertising/promoting "baby steps" and many
>>of the vocal voices in this thread cherrish that basic concept, but
>>now want to make a big break, effectively a fork.
>

> What I'm advocating is a clean break which would allow you to take
> those baby steps in any direction you want, since you don't have to
> worry as much where you put your feet.

Oops, I was actually referring to LSD, but I think you are part of the
"baby steppers" :o) as well. I want to be a "baby stepper" when it is
practical, and in this case it seems like the most logical thing.

> As for fork, well, any major change is in effect a fork.

My argument is "There is no Major Change.", so the fuzz is probably
about something else.

I think only 2 'real' items has been brought up, that validates any
attention at all.

1. There is a passage about construction injection of lifecycle
artifacts in the new component spec. This IMO, constitutes a simple
'enhancement' for the component author, and container authors
shouldn't have much trouble implementing it.

2. The new site is 'emotionally different' and is a reflection over
the Avalon Single Unified Platform, without big bells and whistles
over Avalon Framework 4.x. , which does loose relative importance as
we move forward. This is somehow seen as something bad, which I don't
understand.

Is there anything else that has really been brought to the table?

Cheers
Niclas