avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Versions
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:30:45 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> Several of us feel that if this change from "Avalon Framework is all there
> is" to "Framework is NOT enough" is not necessarily a bad thing (I think
> it's a Good Thing) but that is constitutes more than just a 4.1 to 4.2 jump.

Avalon Framework is the artifact with the 4.x versioning attached to it.
We, who believe in the Avalon Single Unified Platform (recently a.k.a
Avalon 5), would like to see a gradual shift from the current
situation ( AF4 + Meta + Repo + Merlin) into this new world of
homogenized platform.
Leo and others are always advertising/promoting "baby steps" and many
of the vocal voices in this thread cherrish that basic concept, but
now want to make a big break, effectively a fork.

It doesn't sound rational to me.

Cheers
Niclas