avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [RUNTIME-41] repository cli solution?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:25:46 GMT

Looks like we have a problem with Cygwin again.  I updated all of the
scripts to use -classpath instead of -jar.  This was done in order to
move away from composite jar files (such as merlin cli and repository
main) which themselves were creating a potential source or error if not
built correctly.

However, the resulting classpath is too long when expanded in Cygwin.
Prior to expansion the classpath is generated by magic as :

MERLIN_CLASSPATH=
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/repository/jars/avalon-repository-main-SNAPSHOT.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/repository/jars/avalon-repository-spi-2.0.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/repository/jars/avalon-repository-api-SNAPSHOT.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/repository/jars/avalon-repository-util-2.0.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/util/jars/avalon-util-exception-1.0.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/util/jars/avalon-util-env-1.1.1.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/util/jars/avalon-util-i18n-1.0.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/util/jars/avalon-util-criteria-1.1.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/util/jars/avalon-util-defaults-SNAPSHOT.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/commons-cli/jars/commons-cli-1.0.jar:
$MERLIN_HOME/system/avalon/merlin/jars/avalon-merlin-cli-SNAPSHOT.jar

I'm thinking that now may be the moment to update the repository package
to add support for the transfer of a command line String[] to the
repository InitialContext - and from this push cli handling (and class
dependency) into the loaded factory.

This would eliminate the merlin-cli package which in turn would
eliminate the necessity to re-install merlin.  Instead the
re-installation is as minimum, the setting of a single property - the
merlin implementation artifact uri.

Any thoughts on this before I start dabbling?

Stephen.