avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] End the drama
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:24:36 GMT

I don't like the word legacy either.  And I don't think Peter or any of us
who have +1'd his proposal will get too hung up about wording.  But we do
need to come up with some words.  What about:

Products
  Merlin
  Framework
  Avalon 4

So these would link to:

  Merlin --> Merlin Runtime
  Framework --> Overview page which then splits into versioned docs
                i.e.- 4.1, 4.2, 5.0, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, ...
  Avalon 4 --> an overview of the legacy stuff
               See: http://avalon.apache.org/central/legacy/index.html

I hope this would be acceptable for the document solution.  If so, then all
we have to do is come to an agreement on the versioning issue (4.2 vs 5 vs
whatever).

> Absolutely. Have I come across in any way that I disregard Peter's input?
> He is part of the PMC and thus has an equal voice.  I apologize if I
> somehow
> came across that way.

No, I think your fine.  In the current atmosphere Noel was just pointing out
the matter of peer respect which has been forgotten more than once in these
threads.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS