avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Technical Concerns over AF4.2
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:27:34 GMT

I've used the framework jar in more than one product in isolation.
Sometimes it is just to use the configuration api (which I happen to like a
lot).  Sometimes it is to reuse Avalon components in a non-Avalon
application (that is, I still need to have the framework jar in my other app
due to lifecycle interface imports).  Sometimes I end up writing something
that uses Avalon lifecycles but isn't a container per say (like JingDAO).

All these are cases of using the Avalon framework jar as an independent
library without regard to specifications or whatnot.  In other words, being
used as a "product" independent of any other Avalon container or software.

And I know I'm not the only one.

Therefore to me and to the users and developers I work with, the framework
should be a product.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS