avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [site] changes coming
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:04:42 GMT
Hello.

I've got some changes in the works for the site.  Some of them are
committed, some I'll finish tonight.  Please let me know if any of these are
controversial:

1. Overview Page: an overview page that explains both the site layout
                  and Avalon's technical breakdown

2. Why Avalon: a brief explanation into what Avalon is all about, why
               you should use it, what the design patterns do for you

3. Brief Avalon Tutorial: a short tutorial on Avalon.  Basically, how
               to download, install, and run the basic tutorials.

4. Info on the Icons + SVG sources

(note, all of the above will be linked to from the front page)

5. Framework docs section: a minimal set of framework documentation
   added to the 'subsystems' listing.  Will include two links:
   4.1.x docs and 4.2.x docs.  This is to help users of 4.1.x compliant
   containers such as Phoenix, Loom, Fortress, etc.

Also, we had a request to have links to http://www.apache.org somewhere on
our front site at least.  I didn't realize didn't have any.  A couple of
thoughts on this (looking for suggestions):

  * a new menu link called "ASF" or "Apache" by the "HOME" link in the upper
   left corner

  * a little ASF feather-based icon that is found at either (1) the footer
    or (2) the bottom of the menus.

  * ??? other ideas?

Let me know what you think.

J. Aaron Farr