avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: My personal view of Avalon
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:26:33 GMT
Howdy!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> those refer in particular to the semantic web, but the same exact thing
> can be applied to Avalon, since what Avalon tries to achieve is the
> creation of a "one has to fit all" explicit semantics.

Stefano, what has failed is the single unified view as a solution to all
problems in the world, not Avalon itself. You post sounded too harsh, and
might sound even more terrible to people who has investments on it - like
myself.

As you probably know not all PMC members at the time believed in the unified
vision, but after some flame fest we decided to step out and leave the way
open for those who pursued this dream. I can't see why Avalon team couldn't
review this position now.

Cheers,
hammett