avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: New Avalon site Look in the making.
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:48:08 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2004 03:58, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>I don't think it should be up for debate, after all we are an Apache
>>hosted project.  We should pay homage to that in some respect.
>

> This statement has been bothering me for a while, and I finally realized that
> your view is flawed.
>
> Does MSN pay "homage" to Microsoft?? Except for a similar "Copyright" notice
> at the bottom, no other apparent links to Microsoft. Why not? Same reason as
> why we don't need to pay "homage" to ASF.
>
> We are not "ASF Hosted". We are "Part Of" ASF, i.e. we are ASF. We don't owe
> ASF anything, just like I don't owe myself anything.
>
> This distinction is enormous.
> ASF holds rights to the result of the work each individual do free of charge,
> or other benefits.

Do as you will, I just think it is a mark of respect to keep the
feather, that is my opinion, and I will stick by that opinion.
Nevertheless it is an opinion, and not the absolute, pure, unadulterated
truth.

I like the feather, I like making it clear that Avalon is an Apache
product.  However I am only involved in this project at arms length.
You can take my comments with a grain of salt if you wish.

                 - Rich Cook