avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Site Update Process
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:50:48 GMT

Just wanted to note that I agree completely with what Niclas has
detailed below. Perhaps its because I do a lot of site updating - but
the cron process sucks and when things do go wrong (and they do from
time to time) the recovery mechanisms just don't hang together.

I would add one variant to Niclas suggestion - direct uploading into
something like http://avalon.apache.org:8080/ and following verification
- signal a commit someway or another.

Stephen.