avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fortress != legacy
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:09:23 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Hi gang!
>
> In updating the excalibur website, I've found numerous references to
> fortress and excalibur as being essentially "nearly dead" and "legacy
> stuff; don't use" and similar remarks.
>
> This is, of course, not (no longer, at least! :-D) true.
>
> With all the updates going on around the avalon site that I haven't
> tracked closely, I have no idea how many of those "disclaimers" still
> exists in other parts of the avalon website. Just a reminder that if you
> encounter any while working on it, it'd be nice if you could do us the
> favor of updating them.

Well, the component interfaces and ECM *were* depricated in favor of
service interfaces and Fortress.

We're working on a complete rewrite of the Avalon site.  Most of the
Excalibur and Fortress docs will go away, or better yet, transfer to
excalibur.apache.org.  A legacy section will be put together that should
look like:
   http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/site/central/legacy/index.html

Please note that it is still under construction.

jaaron