avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [magic] trouble building avalon-tools-magic
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:25:42 GMT
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> [...]

OK - I'm updating the bar file now and posting in the server (looks like
it was not up-to-date).

> Running normal 'ant' on 'avalon/' now.
>
> So, what does the bootstrap do exactly?

The bootstrap.xml is an ant file that builds magic and installs the jar
into ${user.home}/.ant/lib.  This is needed if your planning of building
magic from scratch.  Once magic exists you can rebuild magic using magic.

> Is this something that should end
> up in a README or FAQ?

It needs to go somewhere for people interested in building magic from
scratch.  Normally this is not required unless your into magic
development - in which case its essential.

Cheers, Steve.