avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject avalon site and magic updates
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:01:45 GMT

Site Updates
------------

I've uploaded the current state of the site build to:

   http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/site

The front page artwork is disabled pending synchronization with the
content breakdown.  Site docs for Merlin Runtime still to be complete
include the following:

  * execution models
  * Unit Test package
  * update the <classloader> spec to use <artifact>
  * update the kernel properties page
  * fix target example xml
  * remove proxy info from the kernel definition
  * update repository docs to sync with runtime
  * disable or complete the deployment section

Magic Updates
-------------

Magic is now independent of the Avalon svn (i.e. you can use magic for
whatever you want).  To achieve this separation some of the content that
was in /central/system has been moved into magic. Secondly, the artifact
and document cache managed by magic is now located under:

   the value of the MAGIC_HOME environment variable

or if undefined

   ${user.home}/.magic

The top-level build.xml still has a setup target so if you have an
avalon/truck svn checkout the setting up of magic is:

$ ant setup

Documentation about magic is taking shape and is available under
"Central" / "Developer Tools" | "Magic".  Magic API docs still need a
lot of attention but all in all things seem to shaping up nicely.

   http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/site/central/tools/magic/index.html

Building all of Avalon (runtime and site) is:

$ ant

This results in the registration of project artifacts into the main
cache ${magic.home}/main and the creation of the site documentation
under ${magic.home}/docs.

Cheers, Steve.