avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:50:31 GMT

Hi Andreas:

I'm rather comfortable with the process of svn based document sources
and I'm also sure that we could generate pdf from this when the need
arises - but this raises an priority point ..... our content is the
information is svn and avalon stuff is generated though evolution of
that content.  For example - the world view of Merlin Studio is based on
the content registered in svn today.  That world view needs to be
available to committers here at avalon in order to accelerate its
development.  That also means that the content needs to parseable into
the avalon site as a primary step.

Where we go from there is a lot to do with with the investments we make
into magic and in particular - transformations of the xdoc variant we
are using.  Personally I'm keen on seeing a PDF output - the navigation
structure we have in place lends itself nicely to subsection
decomposition - and I think we would have one tremendous output pdf once
the transformation is sorted.

Cheers, Steve.