avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FrontPage Menu
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:36:01 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Saturday 19 June 2004 23:16, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>

>>>http://www.apache.org/~niclas/docs/index.html
>

>>Overall - size is too big (you guys must all be running 21" monitors).
>

> We have a much BIGGER problem. The icons are licensed under LGPL !
>
> I.e. can't be used.
>
> Anyone know of any freer icon libraries?

I sent a message to licensing a day or two ago about this.

Using the GPL or LGPL for images (and even documentation) is a really
odd way of doing things, so the implications are not clear.  Most likely
it means that we have to supply the SVG source (not a problem) and if we
make any changes to the SVG images, then those changes are under the
LGPL.  However, I don't think using the images will cause a viral effect
and make the whole site LGPL'd.

Point of the story is that I think we are okay, but I'd like to hear
back from licensing as well.

jaaron