avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject site product breakdown
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:09:51 GMT

Looking at the recent front page graphics - there is a trend going on to
expand the set of things referred to as "Products". I think we need to
pull back for a moment and rethink this.  I think we should not be
presenting Repository, Tools, or Magic under "Products".  Repository in
its current form is not distributable as a stand-alone product (it could
be, but until that time comes it should remain a technical sub-system of
the Merlin Runtime).  Tools and in particular Magic should not be
promoted as products because they are for the moment internal to Avalon
and still in active development.

A second issue concerns Merlin Discovery - the material describes an
product intent, as opposed to a product that is available. While getting
Discovery in place is mainly linked to finalizing the HTTP Facility,
there is still the question - should we be including "intented" items
within our "Product" breakdown?  My own feeling is that the material
currently under the Merlin Discovery heading is fine - but others may
feel differently.

WDYT

Steve.