avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: start
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:27:51 GMT
On Tuesday 15 June 2004 01:58, Farr, Aaron wrote:

> Isn't PowerBuilder a report tool similar to Crystal Report?

Maybe one of those things advertised late at night to tone your body and that
you can store under your bed. :D

Seriously, PowerBuilder from Sybase is a RAD tool, which claims support for
both J2EE and dotNet.
I assume that means that PowerBuilder can output what you create, into J2EE
(let;s forget dotNet...forever) apps, or probably with some skeletal support
from Sybase wrapped around it.

So;
1. You need to look at the generated output from PowerBuilder, and see if
there are any required bits from Sybase to make it run in a J2EE container.

2. Bring your questions and future venture to a J2EE-"friendly" mailing list,
since we are mostly non-J2EE freaks around here.

Good Luck.
Niclas

Cheers
Niclas