avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject [magic] proxies and remote repositories
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:35:21 GMT
Hello.

I'm just in the process of committing a few changes to the reactor.xml and
build.xml which:

  1. allow for a 'user.properties' to be set rather than having users edit
     the default build.properties

  2. allow for the following properties for setting an HTTP proxy:
     project.proxy.host
     project.proxy.port
     project.proxy.user
     project.proxy.password

  3. runs a <setproxy> task in the reactor.xml init target which wasn't
     being called by the build.xml init target.  So I commented out the
     reactor init methods and added the setproxy.  Someone else may have
     a better idea.

Finally, do we have a way to change the remote repositories?  In some cases,
individuals will want to point to a local mirror of ibiblio or dpml.

And did we think about using some of depot's tools for repository and
resource management?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS