avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: More site questions
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:24:48 GMT

Really there should be a single page
(http://avalon.apache.org/products/legacy/index.html) which should:

  * Explain some of the history of Avalon products
  * Point Phoenix users to old phoenix documentation and mention Loom
  * Point Fortress/Excalibur users to the new Excalibur TLP
  * Point LogKit users to whatever logkit docs we have

I think this will save us a lot of questions on the user list.  Also, unless
there is a *really* good reason to delete all the old documentation, we
should leave it in place.  Remember, Cool URIs don't change [1].  It will
save us on 404 errors and extra questions on the mailing list.  We don't
even have to have most of the documentation linked from the new site.

I'll write this documentation tonight if no one objects.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653