avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: New Avalon site Look in the making.
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 19:29:32 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I have been hard at work to implement the new site look proposed by Stephen a
> week or so ago.
>
> I preview can now be found at; http://www.apache.org/~niclas/docs/index.html
>
> Please report any noticed rendering problems for your browser, and include a
> screenshot. Since mailing lists may filter your attachment, I hope everyone
> can add it to Jira in the "Central" module;
> 	http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CENTRAL
>
> Important!! Don't forget to indicate Browser, Browser Version and OS.
>
> There are still a couple of known issues I want to clarify;

All in all, the overall theme looks fairly pleasing.  To be honest, I
have mixed feelings about the Sir Arthur C Clark quote.  I used to love
it, but I have been burned by "magic" several times.  To me it invokes
painful memories of black boxes that you thought did one thing end up
doing everything except what you really wanted.  Other than that it
looks good.

                 - Rich Cook